photo header8.png

12/11/13

Manhattan


Best Blogger Tips

It's official. I've completed my transformation into a New Yorker-like clone with the adoption of turtlenecks as my de facto winter uniform, and the elimination of all color (save for really murky blues and maroons) from my wardrobe. I blame the influence of Greenwich Village and its super chic residents who sport minimal black and white ensembles like the world was meant to be without color. Ever since my summer vacation in New York, when I was exposed to effortless Manhattanite style, I've been gradually eschewing the overly ornate outfits and decadent baubles that I used to be so fond of. Is this a positive progression, or am I in need of a color intervention?

On another note, lately I've discovered that my mother's closet is a treasure trove of hidden designer clothing. I never thought that I would get to do the whole 'digging through mom's closet for chic vintage finds' thing as we are such polar opposites in terms of style (and personality - sorry mom!). However, I came across this tres minimal Issey Miyake sweater during a recent closet cleaning sesh. I guess that me and dear ol' mom aren't that different after all - perhaps style is something that runs in the family.
ISSEY MIYAKE SWEATER
VILA OFFICIEL 3/4 BLACK SLIM SKIRT
H&M ANKLE BOOTS

No comments

Post a Comment