photo header8.png

11/11/12

Asiatic Wonder


Best Blogger Tips
photodiary: the new hope orphanage, royal palace, genocide museum, killing fields, countryside and villages of cambodia. photos taken by me

A picture is worth a thousand words, yet my trip to Cambodia requires some further explanation. This trip was one of both self discovery and broadening of horizons. I experienced both extreme wonder at Cambodia's beauty and extreme pain at the past suffering of its people.  During my visits to orphanages and the places where mass genocide took place, I was amazed by the sheer bravery and endurance of the Cambodian people. Children smiling and laughing, grateful for the little they had. Hardened survivors telling their stories with great will and determination. And most of all, their ability to pick up the broken pieces of their war-torn country, and to make it into something beautiful. My pictures will tell you the rest of the story.

xo emmy