photo header8.png

2/15/13

Oriental Pleasures


Best Blogger Tips
wearing: chiffon blouse from forever 21, gold collar and black sandals from h&m, and diy obi fabric skirt. 
photos by bchk photography

I guess this sort of doubles for a CNY/Valentine's Day outfit, as it contains two key ingredients - flowers and red. Actually, the lovely Brian from BCHK Photography and I shot this look on V-day. I'm just casually holding a flower for the sake of appearances. Romantically oriental, anyone?

Ever since my trip to Japan, I've been inspired by the beautifully woven fabrics of their traditional kimonos and obis. Having managed to find a couple of pieces at a flea market in Nagoya, I set about finding a way to incorporate it into my wardrobe. Then I came across DIY queen a pair and a spare's tutorial for a japanese obi panel skirt, which fit the bill perfectly. With my inferior sewing skills, I can only hope that mine comes close to her DIY standards. Yet I do like the way the skirt turned out, and it makes for a beautiful statement piece to be worn during Chinese New Year and Valentine's Day.

Thanks again to Brian for the stunning photography!

xo emmy