photo header8.png

9/2/13

The Big Apple


Best Blogger Tips



Going to New York has always been number one on my bucket list. Well, I'm definitely glad I didn't die before this trip. New York is a place that is ubiquitous in movies, TV, books etc. Seeing New York through a computer screen doesn't even come close to experiencing it firsthand. The city is a perfect marriage of sophistication and grunge, and a giant melting pot of the world. Just walking around the city, I came across people from all walks of life: artists, musicians, businessmen, upper east side wives and the occasional hobo. As I said, cultural melting pot, and style melting pot also. The streetstyle was an eclectic mix of 90's grunge, pared down minimalism and more. I was really impressed by the taste level of most people in the city. There seems to be an innate sophistication that come with being a 'New Yorker'; I have yet to attain that elusive quality.

In the short couple of days I've been here, I've fallen in love with the city in the most cliche way possible. I love the Art Deco modernity of the Chrysler building juxtaposed with the neo-classical style of the Met. I love the peaceful greenery of Central Park in the midst of the bustling metropolis. I love the mouthwatering Momomfuku crack pies and Serendipity frozen hot chocolate. New York - it ain't called the empire state for nothing.

PS. Sorry for my constant use of analytical words, I'm still in essay writing mode from school
NEW YORK CITY
GRAND CENTRAL STATION
BROOKLYN
TIMES SQUARE
NEW YORK UNIVERSITY
CHRYSLER BUILDING
FIFTH AVENUE
METROPOLITAN MUSEUM OF ART
MOMOFUKU MILK BAR
CENTRAL PARK

No comments

Post a Comment